- Support for SPI @ 12MHz max clock
- Support for I2C @ 3.4MHz max clock
- Support for UART @ 1000000 max baud
- Support for Dallas 1-Wire
- Support for Atmel Single-Wire Interface
- Provides 3v3 and VUSB power rails
- 1 x DAC Output, 5 x ADC Inputs
- GPIO / Interrupt / PWM Support
- Programmable RGB Status LED
- Field-Upgradeable Device Firmware
- Cross-platform Support for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Robust, low-profile Aluminum Enclosure
- USB Type-C Connector
- Firmware Development
- Proof of Concept Development
- System Debugging
- Automated Hardware Testing
- Automated Firmware Testing
- EEPROM Programming
- FLASH Programming
- FRAM Programming
The Binho Nova Multi-Protocol USB Host Adapter allows one to interface their computer directly to hardware circuits. This device is powered by the USB connection to the host PC and is also able to provide downstream power to test circuits.
The Binho Nova Multi-Protocol USB Host Adapter features 5 signal pins, 1 x 3v3 pin, 1 x VUSB pin, and 3 x GND pins on its 10pin wire harness. The wire harness terminates with a female 1.27mm 2x5 IDC connector. In IO Mode, the 5 signal pins can be used for varying functions such as Digital Input, Digital Output, PWM Output, Digital Interrupt (on rising edge, falling edge, or change), Analog Input, or Analog Output.
Additionally, the host adapter is able to utilize these pins to communicate on several digital buses: I2C, SPI, UART, (Dallas)1-Wire, and (Atmel) Single-Wire Interface. While in these modes of operation, remaining available pins can be assigned to other related or unrelated purposes such as gpio, interrupts, chip selects, PWM signals, or analog input or outputs.
The Binho Nova Multi-Protocol USB Host Adapter is ideal for manual testing during firmware development and debugging as well as a perfect way to automate hardware testing and validation. A common use-case of this product in production environments is for EEPROM/Flash Memory programming along with functional testing activities.
The Binho Nova Multi-Protocol USB Host Adapter comes along with a helpful breadboard breakout adapter and with a 1 foot USB type C (male) to type A (male) cable in a soft-shell zippered case.